Saturday, January 20, 2007

Played a bit this week

Thought I would just talk about this one interesting hand, it was played in a 1/2 NL cash game.

I am in the small blind, guy under the gun raises it to 10 bucks. I have 10/9 of spades, comes around to me no one else is in, so I decide to call. (This player had just sat down so I did give him credit for a hand but wanted to see a flop)

The flop comes Q K 10 rainbow, I check it over to him and he checks as well. Hmm that's interesting, slow playing A Q? A K? Kings? Aces? Or maybe he is worried about the Queen and has Jacks. Lets continue...

The turn is a 10, so now I have trips with a 9 kicker, not bad I guess unless he has Ace 10 lol
I decide to bet out 15 bucks to see where I am at (22 in the pot), he raises it to 30 bucks.
So I call the extra 15 to see what the river will bring, it comes another Queen. I now have 10's full of queens. But the Queen really wasn't the card I wanted to see, I thought he might have had a Queen all along and now this gives him Queens full of 10's.

I decide to check and see if we can just flip it over and see what's up lol He moves all in for 60 bucks more.
82 bucks in the pot. So let's go over this on a board of Q K 10 10 Q, what can I beat with my hand...about the only thing I can beat is AK, Jacks or AJ...but would he push all in with a board like that with those hands....no...he had to have something like AQ or KQ.

I decide to throw away the boat and he was nice enough to show me Pocket Queens, for the nice Quads on the river lol, but he had me beat the whole way, so that Queen on the river actually saved me 60 bucks, he a 2 or something comes I have trip 10's and most likely think I am ahead of his two pair or whatever.

Fun hand, well played by him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home