Tuesday, December 20, 2005

So I haven't lost my touch

Went down to the Red Hot Poker Tour tonight at the Madison Ave. Pub. This is where it all began for me (and Red Hot, for that matter) , I have always wanted to win there but haven't been able to crack the top 5. Until tonight....I finally won there and man was it ever an uphill battle. There was a packed house of 90 players and it seemed to run on forever. But has we got down to the final table it was time for me to try and double up quick because I was pretty low stacked with 30 grand.
It didn't happen though, as I was down to my last 5000, I was forced all in with 7 4. I was up against king queen, so at least I had open cards. And thank god some luck was with me as I hit the 7 on the flop which held up.
Once that happened everything seemed to change, I started getting the cards and playing very well. The big hand that allowed the table to get down to three went like this: I am on the button and get dealt A K, the big blind goes all in. I call. He throws up Q J, the flop comes 2, 4, 8 - the turn comes a Q....nooo why does it have to end like this....the river comes a K and I win the monster pot..... wow now thats some fun poker haha.
I got heads up and it went for a long time. At first I was down, but was able to steal some pots and get lucky on the flops. In the end it was a great night and now I get to be in the Heads Up event that is happening next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home