Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Red Hot Poker Tour...another win

Well I won at the Madison back in December and as I said before it was the place I had always wanted to take 1st place.
Cut to today and once again I won down at the Maddy. Great tournament as always and very well run.

I wasn't going to play tonight but last night I went down to Philthy's and got destroyed on the river for 8000, which put me out. I decided I would go down to the Madison play a tight game and see where it got me. Well at first it got me down to 2000 when my pocket 8's ran into pocket queens. But I pretty much stayed course and continued to wait for the cards, since the blinds weren't very high at that time. Finally I tripled up, then another double and another.

Got to the final table second lowest in chips at 35,000 (what a comeback!) I was on the button to start the final table so I could wait for my opportunity and see if I could double up. The big hand came when I was dealt King 10...normally I don't like playing king 10 that much but at this point when the blinds are 4000 and 8000 I decided that I would go all in for 19,500. I got called and was up against pocket 8's. Hit my 10 on the flop and it held up.
After that it was pocket 8's that cracked another player, doubling up again. And then it was down to 3.

So here is where I got into a trap mode. I was on the button and both of these players were moving all in, almost every hand. I look down at Pocket Queens...now of course I should push and see what happens, or at least put in a little raise...but I am hoping one will think I am weak and push all in. Of course the small blind calls and the big blind checks. Flop comes 9,8,6 rainbow. Both check to me and I move all in. Hoping one of them has caught the 9. Small blind calls and I have him covered by 10,000 - big blind folds. He flips over open ended straight draw. But it doesn't hit and we are now heads up.

It took 3 hands for me to finish it off: Chip count 250,000 to his 150,000. Small blind is in(blinds are at 6,000 and 12,000), I look down at Pocket 7's...I raise 40,000 on top of the big. He says all in, I call. He flips over King 6 and my 7's hold up for the title, the toque and the 25 buck gift certificate haha

Fun times!

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Chip count 250,000 to his 150,000. Small blind is in(blinds are at 6,000 and 12,000), I look down at Pocket 7's...I raise 40,000 on top of the big. He says all in, I call. He flips over King 6 and my 7's hold up for the title, the toque and the 25 buck gift certificate

Sounds about right for red hot - everyone wants to play hoyt-style, but the timing is almost always off!

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home