Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Great Hand...that beat me

Its one of those stories where you are like wow that player played that hand so perfectly that I just don't know what to say lol. *I got up and shook hands, as you should*

First to act calls, I am 3rd to act I look down at King 10 off, its 100 to call, I call, small blind folds, the big blind checks.
Flop comes down Jack, Queen, 8 rainbow. Big blind throws out a bet of 200, other player folds and I call with an open ended straight. The turn comes an 8 (still no flush draw all suits) The big blind checks to me, did she have the 8 and I am going to be check raised here...might as well find out where I stand...I throw out a bet of 500, she takes a while and then throws in the 500. The river hits an ace, I hit my straight.

This time she bets out 300...alright thats an odd bet, why such a low bet...no raise pre flop, has she been fishing for an ace the whole time...or she has had the trip 8's and slow played them hoping I have an ace....I decide I need to see if she is full of bs or not...I raise it to 900. Not that much of raise just a test. She says all in for 2200 more.

What have I gotten myself into here? I am thinking to myself...does she have king 10 as well...not likely, does she think her trips are good? Or the big question in my mind does she actually have a Full House...she didn't raise pre flop so I don't think she has ace 8...she could have q, j 8...but I sort of put her on something weak like 10 8....So what did she have and what do I do?

Well I called, and said you have a full house and I have a straight...she flips over Queen 8.

She played the hand amazing and even though I did figure it out in the end she did trick me. The call of my 500 bet confused me and made it so I didn't see the full house like I should have :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home