Monday, March 12, 2007

Another Sunday another loss

Well last weekend when it really mattered I came in 3rd place and tonight when I was just out for points I ended up taking 2nd place.
30 minute heads up battle, so it was quite fun actually.
It was up and down, here are a couple key hands.

The player I was up against loves to push all in, no matter what, so I was just waiting for my opportunity. I ended up losing a couple key hands to her when I had King 9 and she had Jack 9, a Jack came on the flop and she doubled up. I then got down to about half her stack and she moved all in, I looked down at A Q and insta call of course, she had Jack 10 and I won the hand to bring it back to even.

The final hand was....well let's just say I had to slow play to try and get all her chips and it back fired.

I am dealt KK in the small blind and just call (she has moved in almost every time when I have just called the small blind, this time she didn't), flop comes 10 9 5, rainbow which is a good flop ...she bets out 15,000 (blinds are 5,000/10,000) so I figured she had hit a piece of it, since she usually checks and gives up on the flop (every hand that went to a flop heads up I won by betting it out, most of the time I had nothing, she was a pre-flop player to say the least).
I call the 15 K and an 8 comes on the turn....thing's aren't looking good here for Kings if she had the draw, but you know big pockets are hard to give up lol she moves all in...I call and she flips over 9 8 for two pair.

So that was that, good heads up match, just to bad it didn't go my way. I got lucky at the final table cracking AK with KQ, so to be honest it was great to just have a shot at the win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home